When creating new materials, engineers are trying to combine the properties of the already known materials to get a new unique product. The polymer-concrete deserves this title.
Plastic (polymer) gave it the following:
- smooth and nice on the touch surface;
- relatively thin products which convenient for installation;
- easy and precise processing, including hand tools;
- hygiene, ease of cleaning;
- simplicity of technology and purity in production.
From concrete, it inherited the exceptional and incredible firmness. We can say with certainty that the weakest (lightweight without reinforcement) polymer concrete on a par with wood by firmness. A reinforced composition based on granite chips will compete with the concrete and the granite indeed.